Couplet ~ a brand new finished painting

~ Couplet ~ a brand new painting by Katie m. Berggren

Couplet by Katie m. Berggren

Couplet by Katie m. Berggren

detail of Couplet ~ a brand new painting by Katie m. Berggren
detail of Couplet ~ a brand new mother and child painting by Katie m. Berggren

My Thoughts on This Painting:

I’m feeling unfinished today ~ raw and needing.

Coupling that with the vulnerability I felt from this little pair from the first moment they appeared on canvas, I have tried to finesse the surface of this painting to a completion of texture and soft roughness ~ implying a subtle unfinished and unrefined quality.

I feel like a work in progress, hopefully destined to someday look back on my life as a sort of personal masterpiece.

~~~~~~~~~~

Couplet is 20×24″ and is currently available for $500.

Follow along with the process of the next painting over on the Facebook Page!

~~~~~~~~

It’s Free Cards Friday! Add your comment to THIS blog post throughout the weekend and be in the running to win some cards ~ I’ll choose the winner on Monday.

Love & Sincerely, Katie

Related Images:

This entry was posted in available paintings, babywearing, conscious parenting, motherhood, motherhood paintings, new paintings, special offer and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Couplet ~ a brand new finished painting

1. Ev Mcl says:

Thanks for your reply! My husband is a fantastic father (he loves your work too and he got some of your prints for me for Christmas, yay!) and I wish I could give him a card/print that captures his wonderful gentle father-ness and husband-ness in the same wonderful way as mothers are captured…I’ll stay tuned! :-)

2. Anonymous says:

thank you Ev! I do not paint fathers as often as mothers because I can honestly speak as a mother, how it feels to be a mother, but I do not necessarily know the feelings a father feels… I’m not as practiced at painting men as I am at painting women, either ;)
    Thanks!
    Sincerely, Katie

Thank you Bethany and thank you Kerri!
    Love, Katie

3. Ev Mcl says:

I think mother is particularly beautiful in this one, in a very dreamy sort of way :) I was wondering, is there a reason why men feature so little in your paintings? Is it simply because connection between babies and women is more straightforward?

• admin says:

Thanks!
      Sincerely, Katie

4. bethany says:

Absolutely stunning and goregous. I love every inch it! Beautiful work, Katie!

5. Kerri says: